Midwest MEP uses state of the art 3-D drafting software to improve the quality of work we provide and overall productivity of our HVAC business.
- Auto Desk MEP software is utilized to create permit and engineering drawings.
- MEP’s CAD Duct software is utilized in the direct computerized down loading of our ductwork drawings to our sheet metal shop for fabrication
- MEP’s CAD Mech software is utilized to create pipe spool drawings that are used to build piping systems “off site” in our pipe “fab” shop.
- MEP’s Job Site software is used to create rod, hanger, insert and sleeve locations in a 3-D graphic model. The model is downloaded to a laser based location device (Trimble Total Station) for actual layout of the information at the job site by the field crew. This eliminates inaccuracies caused by field measuring and cuts down layout time which helps the concrete pour schedule.
- Navisworks is then used for coordination and collision detection.
- We have the latest up to date versions of these 3-D packages.
Prior to 1999 we were drawing HVAC systems in 2-D with Auto CAD. Utilizing 3-D modeling features like auto sections, information blocks, design specs and uniform information libraries we reduced our drafting time and increased the accuracy and quality of our drawings. Changes and revisions also were easier and faster to incorporate into projects.
Examples of 3-D BIM projects that we have successfully completed include:
- Winfield, Illinois; Central DuPage Hospital
- Joliet, Illinois; Provena St. Joseph Medical Center
- Naperville, Illinois; Edward Hospital
- Chicago, Illinois; Apple Retail Store (North Ave.)
- Chicago, Illinois; 2111 West Roosevelt FBI Chicago Office
- Chicago, Illinois; CTA Kedzie/Van Buren RTU Replacement
- Chicago, Illinois; 505 North State
- Willow Springs, Illinois; Cook County Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center
- Chicago, Illinois; Water Tower Place Tower Replacement
- Chicago, Illinois; 110 North Wacker Chiller Replacement